GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Miss Joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:24:33 -0000
Dear Mr Jallow,

Please accept my sincere apology for not joining some of the members in
commending your act of apology. The reason being, that I am not sure which
part you are apologising to the President for. I agree with Matarr Amadou
Sallah that the Gambian people also deserve apologise.

Do not get me wrong, for I believe in apologising when one does wrong but in
this case apart from  the money issue, I (i cannot speak for the Gambian
people) don't understand the wrongs and trespasses that you alleged to have
committed against the President in person. Please forgive me but I am very
confuse. Some months back you had send damaging and graphic details of what
you alleged happened to some of your colleagues and during the transition
period. You also slandered not only the President but also others.

1.    Does your apology mean that all what was said was a fabrication?
2.    What " wrongs and trespasses" are these that you alleged to have
        committed against the President alone and not also to the Gambian
        people?
3.     You wrote "... I choose to break the silence today and render my
        unconditional apology ..." you have not exactly been silent have you
Mr
        Jallow? I wonder if there is more to " ... I choose to break the
silence ..."
        than what we are reading!

I once again apologise to you if anything written has offended you. I have
been meaning to ask these questions since I heard about your apology over
the TV and read it on the Newspaper. But I guess this once, I will trust my
instincts. It is my opinion that really a blind apology to one individual is
just not enough. Then again, this is my humble opinion.

Take care and good luck. One thing I must commend you for is your bravery!