GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:06:22 +0100
http://kibaaro.com/disgraced-minister-solicitor-general-arraigned-in-court/

As President Jammeh accuses Pa Harry Jammeh and Jobarteh of abuse of office
and corrupt practises, one wonders, what compel this legal minds to
knowningly throw away their dignity and enable a criminal system.
Is there any hope in salvaging the legal profession of our country?
Jobarteh they said, lobbyed hard to get the Justice Minister job, the
current Justice Minister if my memomry serves me right was the wife of Lai
Conteh. A man who was put through hell, whilst married to the same woman.
Or is she someone else? But any how, it is said, she too lobbyed to get the
job.
What is the reason a number of Gambian legal minds wish to take the
sacriligious post of Justice Minister in Jammeh's govenment? Is it due
to the country or place of study. Because there are some accusations that,
those who study law in Africa are more likely to help dictators..But Pa
Harry studied in England, whilst some of the Nigerians studied in America.
What is wrong with our legal practioners, not all of them I will hasten to
say.

Ex Magistrate Bory Freed Chonghan, who is himself a Barister now, whilst
Lamin J Darboe freed the Brikama folks and some other remanded detainees,
Magistrate Mboge also release Sedia and Halifa, whilst Buba Jawo levied a
fine on Fatou Jaw Manneh...I can't seems to see any dignity in the legal
professionals, the larger percentage..I hope our learned friend Sanusi
Owen, Ibrahim Chonghan, Lamin J Darboe and others help us here..It is
pathetic..
These men aren't poverty ridden. I know Jobarteh well. He has over three
massive compounds, and cars, what is the issue...Is it name (appearing on
GRTS), What is it guys.
SUntou

--
www.suntoumana.blogspot.com