GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:21:01 -0400

Mr. Saidy,

I really appreciate your anxieties and those of our other brother Karim. And they are well founded. I also have those anxieties. What I wish to share with us is that Even God/Allah presumed Adam and Eve innocent until proven guilty. Prior to Adam and Eve stealing in the Hadiqa, they were allowed blissful life there-in. WHat I would like to do is that absent any crimes by Dadis and the CNDD against the people of La-Guinea, I want to walk side by side with them to urge and encourage propriety. That way my anxieties have a good chance not to come to pass. Mr. Saidy, I want us to maintain that anxiety for a healthy period of time while we draw down on it as Dadis and the CNDD relieve us. WIll you and Karim walk with us? The alternative is to maintain that anxiety in good measure and do nothing. Then when Dadis and the CNDD certify it for us, we will have had diminished health, La-GUinea revert to compassless decrepitude, and we will be right back here with another knucklehead talking about transitional elections while Simandu i ravaged.

Allow me to use your notes to elaborate:
[-----Original Message-----  From: Alhaji Saidy [log in to unmask]  To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm  Subject: Re: Karim, Tell me if you are proud of Dadis and the CNDD of La-Guinea.
Mr Darbo, I wish I could share in your enthusiasm in regards to Dadis Camara.
Unfortunately, and like Mr Sanneh, I have serious reservations when it comes to military men=2
0and
government in Africa.] Mino.

Fehr DInkum Mino. And I will not require you to have the same enthusiasm I have of Dadis and the CNDD and La-GUinea. I intend to bring the enthusiasm to you and brother Karim. I think you will both be pleased. In order to encourage me, I would like you guys to acknowledge it when I share positive developments by Dadis and the INTERVENTIONIST CNDD, and to caution them when we perceive wayfaring.

I will discourage you from wholesale aversion to military men govering in Africa or any other nation. The reason is because the military men and women are part of the citizenry of a nation and they already govern units within the armed forces of the nation. Disdain for them will be counter-productive and may cultivate reverse disdain by them of the civil citizenry. That is one of the causes of many a coup. I wan us to approach the military from a professional point of view and forestall their disenchantment. Afterall, they are our brothers and sisters who promise to protect us.

[Of all the military coups led by military men in Africa, very few of them fulfill what they promise.] Mino.

This is because those military men who seize power at gunpoint and who do not fulfill teir promises are garden variety criminals. COnsider this Mino:

The promises the military men make, is the same exact promise civilian politicians make, incumbent or opposition. You agree with me here don't you? Now then, those promises are meant to ease them into powe
r, military or no military. It doesn't mean they will keep their promises or not. In fact the citizens help them to keep promises. It is when a military or civilian leader commits a crime against the state or his fellow citizens that he becomes a criminal. Therefore, it doesn't really matter whether your president is military or civilian. It only matters whether you have a criminal as president or not. In fact with the background of discipline in the military, I will be more comfortable with a military man or woman as president than a non-descript civilian. You and I will figure that out later.

[Yaya also had his "patriotic" group that begged him to stay. He initially pretended as if he was not interested but for the "love" of his country, he decided to stay on.] Mino.

I agree with you here Mino. But that did ot make the citizens abhor Yahya. It is Yahya's crimes against his fellow citizens and his diminished mental capacity that make him abhorrent. You emmember Sir Dawda, the honourable first president of Gambia was also begged to stay on. But my prophet only stayed on after he won the citizens' nod by ballot. If he engineered the constitution to facilitate that ballot then he had committed a crime against he nation and he would be found wanting in conflicts of interest at that time.

[For the sake of the people of Guinea, I hope and pray that Dadis is the actual "soldier with difference" as Yaya and his folks initially proclaimed.] Mino.

Mino,=2
0I pray with you on that score. I will go further and assist Dadis and the CNDD in whatever way I can so that the nightmare we fear will have little room to come to pass. I am pleased Dadis is doing a great part of the lifting. DO you know that Dadis had one time PUBLICLY APOLOGISED to his Prime Minister Kabinet Komara when he perceived the latter maligned???????? Mino, if there ever was a good time to die, I'm..........NOT ready to go yet. Until I relieve myself of all burdensome anxieties vis-a-vis Tiger and Dadis and the CNDD. And that's another thing; Dadis is part of a team of CNDD. He has not murdered or assassinated any of his team members yet. SOme idiots have been arrested and or imprisoned for planning coup d'etats and for gratuitous banditry. Even the former Prime Minister Souare who was found to have tolen from the people of La Guinea, he was asked to repay the loot to state coffers, and by installment. It was only when he was delinquent in that arrangement that he was imprisoned. Mino I'm telling you, Dadis is on his way to making my roll of prophets. I wish to affirm here and now that you and Khaleel have already made it into that august roll. Mams risks expulsion therefrom unless you plead with him to quit playing with our minds. That man is not well.

Thank you sir. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you on this and a myriad other contentious issues. Don't be like JDAM. Just let me share ATT and Mali with you from time to
 time. The man does not like Mali. He says we have earth-shattering concerns in Gambia. I don't know what gave hi the idea that Mali's fortunes are mutually exclusive of Gambia's. The Afrikanski. Haruna. Wowo.

By the way, Yaya branched Military Police (MP) and not infantry. He went to Fort
Mclellan,
AL  ( Yaya calls it Port Mclellan) for the MP Officer Basic Course. Just thought
I would
point that out.

Lastly Mr Darbo, I find your take on issues interesting and your arguments very
interesting even when I dont agree with some of them. Thank you for your
insights.

Saidy

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい