GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 2009 21:17:55 EDT

The Community will be getting a little extra publicity this year. Ashton
Kutcher, Katherine Heigl and Tom Selleck star in Five Killers, a feature film
 set and filmed in part in the community.
Described as a light-hearted action comedy, Five Killers features Ashton
Kutcher as a CIA assassin who meets and falls in love with Katherine Heigl in
 France (where the photo above was taken). Afterwards, he gives up his
assassin  “business” to become a family man.
The couple moves to an idyllic, suburban Georgia neighborhood to be near
her parents. After several years of wedded bliss, Ashton Kutcher’s character
realizes there are several contracts out on him, and chaos ensues. Action
sequences and a block party will be filmed in the community in May and June.
So if you’re looking for your own piece of Hollywood right here in Georgia,
 you may want to consider doing a little house hunting at New Manchester
and  Riverbanks now. And if you hear gun shots while looking for homes, don’t
worry,  they’re just blanks.
The community is a large neighborhood in Douglasville. With Sweetwater
Creek  State Park next door, the ideal location for nature based activities is
minutes  away. And at 20 minutes to Midtown (down speedy Interstate 20), all
that Atlanta  has to offer is in your backyard. Downtown, Midtown, and
Buckhead, Vinings and  Georgia Tech offer more clubbing, dining and shopping than
any human should  tackle in a weekend.
The Community embraces all the best qualities of America’s classic
neighborhoods and places them 20 minutes from downtown, Vinings/Galleria and the
airport, and right next to a 2,500-acre nature preserve.
Here you can walk from your home to a park in seven minutes or less, even
if  you pause a couple of times to greet your neighbors. There are parks by
the  dozens - playgrounds, social parks, a skate park, off-leash dog parks
and even a  bocce park. And at the heart of it all, there’s Founders Park -
where you are  likely to find residents laying on blankets, playing flag
football, checking  e-mail (it’s a WiFi hotspot), and gathering for concerts,
movies, and other  community functions.
There are also neighborhood activity centers with swimming pools, a fitness
 center, a basketball court, tennis center, an athletic field complex, and
even  our own private mountain biking trail.
In a message dated 5/16/2009 8:55:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,