GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:45:41 EDT

Verily  Suntou,

Orphanage created by separation/divorce is most pesky. We encourage
marriage, especially when children have already been conceived, but we also
acknowledge that the salvage value of some marriages according to the partners  in
marriage warrants terminal divorce. The children of such divorces are  indemnified
in such eventuality. And, any secours for such children and needy  spouse
could have the collateral effect of reunited families.

You are quite right in that communal assistance generally depends the whims
of members of the Orphaned children's family, clan, or immediate community and
 the scope of such assistance depends not only on the capacity of the
benefactors  but on other relationship-calculus. Meanwhile, the orphaned children
still need  secours for value-life.

I understand that children orphaned by a parent/s who are on scholarship
overseas, volunteering with an NGO, gainfully employed by corporations, or  who
are economic refugees overseas, do have discretionary lattitude in ensuring
the continued sustenance of their children or reuniting their families. It still
 remains that many a children are orphaned in such situations. Therefore, any
 regime of secours, albeit transitional, must take into consideration
delinquent  parents. For it is the children who will be the main focus. Perhaps
effort to  negotiate between such parents and family members could form part of the
secours  if the period of orphanage exceeds a certain Flux (30-40 days). What
do you  think?

I have read your notes on spouses who leave wives behind and wander the
earth as economic refugees. However, I was not aware of your notes on  parents who
leave children behind. Perhaps you could kindly share that with  us as part
of this conversation.

I understand you to view Orphans of deceased parent/s to be more important
than other types of orphans. I would caution such comparative assessment. This
is perhaps why some programs for orphans lack the requisite address. The
reason is that an orphan is one who lacks the minimum parental nurturing  and
support. We recognize that even children orphaned by the death of one or  both
parents do grow up to attain majority age, or as you advised, may obtain  the
requisite nurturing and support from other family or community members.  Indeed
are better off than some orphans of divorced parents or  politically-exiled
parents, the latter of which could be our next  sub-topic.

Suntou, you share some serious commentary and I encourage you to propose
some regime of secours to your imam both in Coventry and Gambia and encourage
your friends and family to do likewise. Should our conversation here yield some
added secours, I hope you will be an integral part of, and participant to
such.

Haruna.
I  encourage you to Goodsearch for The GLobal Democracy Project
Raise funds for  your favourite charity by using _www.goodsearch.com_
(http://www.goodsearch.com/)  - powered by  Yahoo!

In a message dated 7/1/2008 4:52:28 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,