GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essa Sey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:50:30 -0800

Ousman Kinteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sometime ago this year,someone posted about Jaliba's new albums in CDs will
be coming out in March 2000. I was just wondering what are the latest
developments on it and if they are ready what time are they coming out for
sale?
I know i couldn't wait but we have tons of Jaliba fans in Seattle
(Pa Manneh) and others.
Could someone on the L tell me when are these CDS coming?
Thanks. Peace
Ous.

Jaliba Fans,

Please for your information i held a meeting with Mr Diakité who's working on the above issue and it was among the things  that   he treated with me during the meeting.The latter is playing an important role  in  promoting  African artists,especially the Senegambian ones(eg:he assists in producing all the senegalese cassettes for their theater groups ie:the daaray kocc-he also assists in the production of theaters acted in the Gambia ie:the yetteh drammar,lamin n'fansung jamano and ofcourse for the production of jalibas cassettes or any senegalese,malian or gambian artist).

    Presently he's working on the jaliba cds and hopefully according to jakité they'll be out very,very soon, however,i would print your enquiries and hand them over  to him-Diakité, i am sure  that will encourage him to speed up because its encouraging to see you guys be eager to buy and listen to your artists'talents.

                   Infact i am currently looking into the possibilities of organising a tour for Gambian artists to Budapest.It'll be to reciprocate a similar tour that the  Hungarians are making in the Gambia next  week,  under the supervision of the honorary consul in Budapest and  in collaboration with our mission in Paris.

                   Please those of you who are fans of jaliba  can get mr Diakité on the following cordinates;( to be better informed) on the JALIBA-CD PRODUCTION at, AFRICA PRODUCTIONS 36,RUE DE LA CHAPELLE.75018 PARIS/ TEL:(331) 44 65 00 79(or) (331) 44 65 00 23.I'll inform him that he may receive calls from jaliba fans when we meet in my office next week, especially those  abroad and not residing in France.  His website is:[log in to unmask]

                                 Essa Bokarr Sey

                                  in Paris.