GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 00:46:19 -0500

Bros Yanks, Suntou et al,

Pa Nderry Mbai won’t stop making me jealous. (: :  We were working on breaking our interview with Darboe before him. Thanks to the fasting month…I am crawling on the ground. ..ehh! Congrats to the interviewer and the interviewee! It will go a long way reviving our shattered hopes.

FYI, and our wide readership everywhere, Gainako has been on it for the past four days. We can now announce that our interview with Darboe is a success.  The tireless patriot Baldeh who coordinated it is working on the final review and we will get it to our readers in no time.  Until then, we should all stay with Freedom for Darboe’s interview.

On a personal note, I enjoyed interviews with two people; Darboe and Halifa. The reason for that is simple. In the past, when I had one and one with them, I observed that they will help you shape the interviews as they are aware of what the readership wants to hear.  While Darboe will drag you to the legal terms like “indemnity”, Halifa will drag you to the sociological terms like “sovereignty.”

My advice to Gambians and their friends still remains the same. Let us use our common senses to determine the future for our destiny. Let us unite! Let us unite!! We cannot win this war divided.  As we brace for 2011, there are some questions that lingers over how we can peacefully get the ship of the state from a desperate tyrant and his pseudo-pillars.  We are beyond the debate to whether Jammeh is a dictator or not. We are beyond doubting whether he is an oppressor or not. We are beyond  doubting whether he is a criminal ruler or not. So what we got to have is a strategy of unity. If we have to win this war, we must seek to unite. Unity will defeat the enemy and win over all vices that keep threatening our existence.  If unity fails, the emergence of fighting forces is unstoppable because the oppression is beyond bearable point.  We cannot afford to have the “snack” sound on the biscuit just now. Therefore, my brothers and sisters everywhere, let us do away with interest groups and political affiliations for the bigger national interest –let us whole-heartedly come to the table and pave the way forward.

I wish all Muslims a blessed fasting month, and I know the Sarahulles, the Serers and the Kabunkas won't stop trying to kill the sun with a gun at mid-day, for we have seen it happen before. (: :  For all those that believe with certainty that this is a cause worth fighting for like Baldeh do, I give you my words of courage.  Sometimes it is beautiful if you are just an observer and enjoy the show; hence there are thousands of Gambians online.  I n my prior write-up, “ A letter to Gambians & friends” is a living aforetime warning and before its ink dried up, Jammeh succeeded in jailing Uncle Sam and five other journalists with the help of the mercenary judges who hailed from Nigeria.

With kind love,

Comrade.

There is no god but Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger. Fear and Worship only Allah alone!