GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:18:51 -0400
I think Mr. Sanyang should be re-assured that most Gambians are
well-meaning, compassionate, and forgiving and will no doubt will be
ready to leave July 31, 1981 behind if and only if he comes forth and
tell his side of the story, truthfully, without fear or favor or
selective amnesia. Its been 31 yrs this month since Gambians had a "rude
awakening" on that fateful Friday morning but those who lived through
have not and will never forget. In 5 long days many got killed, many got
injured and others disappear. And you know what, when the Jawara and his
Senegalese backers arrived, he and his buddies left Gambians fend for
themselves through the "inquisition" that followed. During this period
several people were punished for being at the wrong place at wrong time.
We have not heard him say sorry to those who got caught in the
cross-fire much more elderly women and children taken hostage!

Mr. Sanyang must understand that, until he comes out clean the Gambian
people will continue to think that he is the "monster", "bandit" and
"terrorist" he claims he is not. Coming out cleans means just say what
made him do what he did on July 31 1981, how he did it and who made him
do it. In plain Jola if he cannot say it in English or any other
language. I am confident that there are many capable, independent,
impartial Gambians in the diaspora or in the Gambia who will be willing
to help him do just that.

This is not between him and Jawara or Jammeh. This is between him and
the Gambian people. And please, this is an earth matter, so let him take
Heavens out of it!

Malanding Jaiteh

Courtesy to Freedom Newspaper  -
http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/mid/367/newsid367/7684/Gambia-GOT-LOST-DUE-TO-MY-ILLNESSKOUKOIE-SAMBA-SANYANG-WRITES-/Default.aspx

Gambia: GOT LOST DUE TO MY ILLNESS---KOUKOIE SAMBA SANYANG WRITES

*GOT LOST DUE TO MY ILLNESS---KOUKOIE SAMBA SANYANG WRITES*

***I FEEL VERY PROUD AND HIGHLY HONORED*

***KOUKOIE SAMBA SANYANG*

*Oh for Heaven's sake!**//*

Ifeel very proud and honored that Gambians still remember me, think of
me, love me, criticize me and hate me. It is a normal thing and very
healthy for the Gambian society because great societies survived or
perished because of the struggle. If the fear of criticism, the lack of
a fruitful free thrashingout of ideas and sincere dialogue Gambians will
never have great thinkers, great teachers and daring selfless leaders. I
think that with our political differences there is no cause for concern
or fear. But if anyone thinks he/she is above other people he/she may
really be standing all alone, a self deceiver, a day dreamer of an
unearned glory.

I wish Gambians acknowledge and see the fact that even a broken clock
has always the right (correct) time twice a day. Let us understand it
this way that at the time when the clock got broken and its hands
stopped at 1.00 pm, then we have a reality that at every 1.00 pm or 1.00
am the broken clock has the right (correct) time and no one can deny that.

One thing we have to know is that people hate each other along the line
in their struggle for a better life to an extent that their interests
collide. One fact is that the life of man is full of contradictions, and
it is theses contradictions that give either a positive or negative
results.

In a revolutionary struggle varied great views gives great debates
giving birth to great democratic revolutionary societies. Based on this
reality and truth, no one should tell me Koukoie who I am and deny my
identity and the reality of my political struggle for freedom and justice.

I am less than what people say about me but more than what they think of
me. Don't judge me if you don't know me. I strongly believe that if your
friends don't tell you the truth hire your enemies to tell you the truth.

When I speak and act with responsibility, it is not only to play
politics or engage on adventurism to make a name as my Gambian opponents
think and label me. I am not interested in fame or becoming an icon for
anyone. I am doing my duty and responsibility and I need no seal of
approval from anyone to wage the struggle for freedom and justice. In my
revolutionary life fighting for freedom, democracy and justice, I have
dreamt of seeing the great revolutionary ideals of freedom and justice
materialize in my dear country the Gambia and Africa in general and to
witness the unification of Africa but now I wonder if this will even
happen to exist for my children and grandchildren to see.

In our this moment of hard and bitter struggle for freedom and justice I
wonder why self made enemies of Koukoie Samba Sanyang say with arrogance
and ignorance that they have what rights I do not know to punish me, and
that they shall sell me to I do not know to what justice system if I do
not repent for my greatest sin; "Yes, my sin-- my greater sin... and
even my greatest sin is that I organized and let a peoples revolution
exposing and overthrowing settler PPP neocolonialism in the Gambia and
threatening the very existence in neighboring countries of settler
neocolonial regimes and we bravely discarded the system of political and
economic exploitation by the world's greatest empires. This at the cost
to myself, my comrade's lives, our families; and at the risk of losing
our lives, our honor and our properties. With God's blessing and the
iron will of the Gambian people, we fought this savage and dreadful
system of international espionage, state-sponsored terrorism and
neocolonialism.

We were well aware that our fate must serve as an example in the future
throughout the African continent but especially within the West African
[ECOWAS] sub-region in breaking the chains of slavery and servitude to
imperialist and neocolonial interests." Fellow Gambian brothers and
sisters I ask myself this question if you were raised by your fathers
and mothers for your enslavement, for the neocolonial market?

I wonder if you do not suffer from neocolonial brutality and murder.
Where you raised to be driven off in neocolonial chains?

Shame on you!

You say I am a terrorist because I stood up right to brave
neocolonialism. I wonder if you have got the chance to learn that I have
a better right to be free, independent and for respect of my rights as a
human?

I wish to point out to you that it would have been a greater sin for me
if I have remained inactive, a big coward and remained enslaved like
you, allowing neocolonialism to rob me of my birth right and enslave me.
Have you got to learn that human rights are a mutual and reciprocal, and
if you take away my liberty and life what a greater it will be?

Before Allah (God) and high heaven is there a law for one man which is
not a law for every other man?

If you or any other speculator on my body and rights wish to know how I
regard my rights, they need but come to me and lay their hands on me to
enslave or imprison me rather than writing foolish uneducative articles
on free online newspapers that aims to divide the Gambian people. Once
again I will renew my call for anyone who thinks I am a criminal to take
me to court.

Can't you understand that this very useful mouthpiece and voice of the
voiceless is for educating Gambians rather than childish talk and show
boys cases?

In the same breath and almost in the same sentence, you say, and speak
on my behalf that I know I am a criminal. Fellow Gambian brothers and
sisters self made enemies of Koukoie Samba Sanyang did your fathers and
mothers not transfer to you the duty of patriotism, bravery and nationalism?

If you are brave freedom fighters and human rights defenders stop
believing that great America and Europe will liberate the Gambia for you
and force democracy and justice on the Gambian people. Why not stand up
with bravery like our Arab brothers and sisters who dare sacrifice their
lives and win the war of liberation and are proudly building democracy,
the rule of law, administrative justice to finally reconstruct their
beloved countries.

To remind Gambians again and reposition them in their revolutionary
struggle for freedom and justice I wish to proudly tell them that "in
leading the 31st July 1981 peoples revolution I was aware and with a
firm conviction that I don't see why we need to stand by and watch our
dear Gambia and all African countries go neocolonialist because of the
irresponsibility of their own political and military leaders not the
people." Our struggle was not madness, it was not for the destruction of
life and property or for power, position, wealth, and greed or to
position one tribe above others but for the total liberation of our
oppressed and exploited Gambian people, and for the construction of
genuine participatory democracy, a just social system and the economic
wellbeing of our hard working masses.

Nevertheless, I was of the opinion that with all these
counterrevolutionary critics and actions of the neocolonialists and
sell-out intellectuals they will not and could not halt or deter the
peoples' iron will to be totally free, never to frustrate their
determination and courage to strive for a better life.

Much of the information contained in this glorious period of the 31^st
July 1981 peoples revolution is within the well-lighted zone of proved
fact known to all Senegambians and Africans in general especially the
cause of its failure due to the inhuman barbaric military aggression of
the Senegalese invaders. Why do my detractors and enemies embark upon a
construction of a shifting mountain of lies and deception to mislead the
Gambians without realizing that they are quickly passing from fact into
a twilight zone of inference in which they say, not this is true, but
only probably this is true, and that thence they pass into a region of
darkness lit here and there by a guess, by speculation and lies.

Speculation is a legitimate thought process just as long as the enemies
fully realize that they are only speculating. But when my enemies
speculate, and at the same time persuades themselves (and also, alas
their listeners) that they are drawing sound inferences, and then
knowledge does not progress this is self-destruction. Gambians need
knowledge that will make great progress.

One must always realize that sometimes people come into your life and
you know right away that they were meant to be there. They serve some
sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or
who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be; your childhood partner, your
roommate, your neighbor, professor, long lost friend, your former
partner, your office boss or subordinate, lover, enemy or even a
complete stranger who, when you lock eyes with them, you know that very
moment that they will affect your life in some profound way positive or
negative.

And sometimes things happen to you and at the time they seem horrible,
painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without
overcoming those obstacles you would never have realized your potential,
your strength, and your will power of heart.

Everything happens for a reason.

Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck.

I am not a bandit, I am not a terrorist, I am not a blood sucker, Iam
not a destructive element of Gambian society but a determined patriotic
revolutionary freedom fighter, an ardent defender of human rights and
social justice who has something great, meaningful and useful to offer
and share with the Gambian people. I do not want to make history but to
rightly and justly reveal myself to the Gambian people to discover what
valuable gift I have for them. I have love for them. Love is the only
thing that can be divided without being diminished.

I can hear the sad cries of oppressed Gambians with pain like that of
Brother Sulayman Kebbeh and many others and I hear them, understand them
and respect their opinions. I hear also the voices of those hypocrites
who hate me and judge me wrongly without knowing the truth about me out
of mere sentimentalism, hate and hypocrisy.

I can assure you that Allah will answer to your calls. My dear beloved
brothers and sisters and comrades in arms it is necessary to free
man/women from the curse of power, from the cannibalism of exploitation,
in order to release in him/her those creative forces which can
continually give his/her life new meaning.

Power degrades man/woman into a dead part of a machine set in motion by
a superior will. Culture makes him/her the master and builder of his/her
own destiny and deepens in him/her that feeling of communion from which
everything great is born.

Man/woman's liberation from the organized force of the oppressive
criminal neocolonialism and the narrow bondage of the nation is always
the beginning of a new humanity, which feels its wings grow in freedom
and finds its strength in the community.

I am not of those who seek for flimsy excuses but I wish to be a prime
ironmaster in restructuring the Gambian and African society in line with
democratic Panafricanist principles and the rule of law, in the
relocation of a new Gambia and not a prime criminal master butcher.

I strongly believe that Allah will make a way a straight path for
Gambians where there seems to be no way where the Gambian people are at
a total lost.

Allah works in ways we cannot see. Let us submit totally our will to Him.

Allah will make a straight and wide way for Gambians.

Allah will be their guide for sure.

In our struggle for freedom and justice we should not accept to be
destroyed by our own honor. We should carefully listen to the
inner-power within us that wishes to guide our footpaths to a glorious
destiny because pride, arrogance and love for domination should not be
injurious to the truth.

Brave Gambian men/women of truth and love let us forget all fears and
suspicions which may permanently reside in us and enslave us through
greed and need in satisfying our low evil desires. Always remember that
jealousy is for the weak, but love and solidarity is for the strongest
man/women. Any society that lacks genuine solidarity and mutual aid is
doomed to failure.

Oh Gambian politicians do not make a request to Allah or dream and ask
the people to sacrifice themselves for you to gain success, wealth, a
long life or even power for the destruction of your enemies. Instead,
what you should want from Allah and fellow citizens is a "listening
heart so that you may govern God's people, and discern between good and
evil."

A politician should be driven by willingness to serve and striving for
freedom and justice.

Before concluding I wish to give a strong advises to all Gambians.

If you cannot climb a tree that your father and grandfather has the
habit or tradition of climbing to plug leaves for preparing a delicious
soup, go near the foot of the tree so that people passing by might think
and believe that either you just have descended from the tree or about
to climb the tree.

According to the philosophy of history, first a certain idea is born;
then it grows, develops, and matures. Then from within it an opposite
idea takes root that slowly develops and matures and overwhelms the
previous one which ultimately dies.

This struggle is between ideas as well as between systems. A period may
be dominated by a certain system (say Capitalism or neocolonialism) a
vivid example is the false imposed Senegambian confederation but earlier
some time from within it emerges another system (revolution for freedom,
democracy and justice) which is the opposite of the previous one, and
takes its place.

Whether this perpetual clash is between ideas or between systems, it is
a thing between both. According to this philosophy an idea or a system
is neither good nor bad itself; nor is one idea or system objectively
superior to another. Also, according to this philosophy, an idea or a
system does not have the ability to stay forever nor does it have the
ability to dominate its opposite for long: contradictory ideas or
systems contains within itself the elements within own destruction.

The fact is that it is a cyclic process by which cultures come and goes,
irrespective of its merits or ills. A culture cannot remain alive
forever nor can another remain dead forever.

It is true that a clash occurs between contradicting ideas, it is not
true that all ideas are equal in this clash. Certain ideas have the
inherent ability to dominate and prosper as opposed to others. This is
the Truth and the latter Falsehood.

In any struggle between Truth and Falsehood it is a continuous process
until Truth overwhelms Falsehood which eventually is defeated. We have
to make it such that there is constant clash between them. The (constant
force of) Truth continues to overcome the (negative and destructive
force of) Falsehood until such time that the latter has been clashed and
withers away.) This is so because Falsehood has the elements of its
destruction within its very foundation and nature.

No doubt one day Truth will manifest itself and that Falsehood will
vanish; for Falsehood by its very nature must perish. Therefore, a
nation which professes a culture based on Truth will dominate a nation
whose culture is based on Falsehood, and the former will continue to do
so as long as its culture remains and based on Truth. It would never be
the case that a nation based on Falsehood under settler neocolonialist
rule (i.e., a nation of oppressors and criminal exploiters) could ever
dominate a nation based on Truth (i.e., a nation of true freedom
fighters and lovers of justice will always prevail).

Now is the rightful opportune time for a meaningful qualitative and
secure marriage of reasoning not of convenience among Gambians and it
can only be done and obtained by a sincere dialogue for compromise not
war amongst us.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. No one can change the past, but
you can ruin the present worrying over the future.

As I mentioned above Gambians must know that Love is the only thing that
can be divided without being diminished. It is true that for every
minute you are angry with someone, you lose five (5) minutes of
happiness that you can never get back.

I strongly believe that when the power of love overcomes the love of
political and military power for pride and wealth the Gambia, West
Africa and Africa in general will know peace. We have to realize that we
should be formed and molded by our revolutionary African thoughts. It is
absolutely true that those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts
give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that
never leaves it.

I am of the opinion that the more a person is highly motivated by love,
the more fearless and free his thoughts and actions will be. In opting
for a frank dialogue between Gambians for our redemption we must aim for
the awakening of Gambians from the illusions of separateness, hate and
meaningless destructive contradictions.

I believe that it is time people should drop the idea of wanting to
becoming someone, because we are already masterpieces. One cannot be
improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it. Don't
let your mind stop you from having good time with your fellow beings
defeating all egoist and divisive evil plans.

All that we are is the results of what we have thought. Let us try to
modernize our thoughts to rightfully guide our revolutionary actions.

To get out of difficulty one usually must go through it. Love is
strengthened by working through conflicts together with fellow
countrymen/women. I am ever ready to say what is true, although it may
be bitter and displeasing to people. It is true that hard words break no
bones but they do break hearts.

The world is mind precipitated, and the volatile essence in the Gambia
is forever escaping again into the state of free thought. Nature sends
no creature, no man into the world without adding a small excess of his
proper quality. "The Almighty Allah (God) Himself cannot do without wise
brave men He created."

I apologize if I have hurt people's feelings. I love the Gambia and
Gambians. All those who wish to see me dead must for the love of mankind
show my head to Gambians once they kill me for history will give them
their rightful place.

But I would like to tell my enemies that my destiny is with Allah my
creator and not in my hands or theirs neither do I or them have any
control over it. They must know that I am covered by Allah's shield kept
within His Divine defense and security network for He (Allah) created me
out of nothing that I worship Him, adore Him, glorify Him, praise Him,
submitting my will totally to Him and live His way of life under His
Divine Authority, Divine Will and Divine Justice.

My enemies can call me crazy, but I don't want to talk to someone who
wants to wrongly manage Gambia's social, political and economic life,
wrongly develop our social and political reality, or wrongly engineer
our struggle for freedom and justice or mislead our dear people.

I want to communicate with someone who wants to service the Gambian
people's needs or solve our problems and I think and believe that
responsible and dedicated Gambians are an ideal people and can meet the
challenges.

We should never be separate with the Gambian people or create confusion
amongst them for they are the source of all power but unite with them to
build our destiny. We should work very hard and struggle without fear
and mercy to put the demonic forces out of action. This revolutionary
cleansing operation will bring a granted survival and it will mean the
end of war, oppression, exploitation and the scrapping of all
neocolonial evil programs.

*KOUKOIE SAMBA SANYANG*

Posted on Monday, July 09, 2012 (Archive on Tuesday, July 31, 2012)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい