GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadou Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:03:56 +0200
Try also respecting other people's beliefs. You can be whatever religion you choose or is chosen for you, but as far as you attempt to divide the suffering masses of African people with your  intolerance, I believe you not to be in service of God but Satan!

We are not going to sit idly by and watch people like you drag our country into the abyss of hatred and bigotry that has wrecked havoc elsewhere. Spread you word, fine with me, but not with hatred and narrow-mindedness.

If you understand the simple fact that other people believe, with the same firmness in their religions and faiths as you project yourself to do, then you should see the danger inherent in trying to impose your faith on others. Yes; I cannot call your attitude anything other than that.

I have been informed from various sources that before your new-found faith in Islam, you used to regularly heap the most nasty insults on "Allah". I am sure he has forgiven you, for He is not an intolerant bigot. Your own record should be a lesson for you but you don't seem to have learned anything from it; but then you can take the horse to the well, but you can't force it to drink?

A. Kabir Njie.