GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:25:43 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/99 1:34:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Jabou and Karamba:

 You people sound ludicrous! If the situation is as bad
 as you want us to believe, I am sure the whole world
 would have found out. Perhaps you are just
 scaremongering and that is not to the best interest of
 the Gambia.
 *********************************
KEBBA,

THE WHOLE WORLD DOES KNOW ALREADY. JUST TAKE STOCK OF THE DAILY OCCURANCES
AROUND YOU IF YOU ARE IN GAMBIA.

"By the way, what is 'democracy'? If 'democracy' means
 a disgruntled group of discredited politicians like we
 have in the UDP being allowed to spread their message
 of hate just to be voted into office, then my friends,
 the Gambia is not going to tolerate such a bogus
 system."

DEMOCRACY IS A SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WHEREBY EVERY CITIZEN ( OR POLITICAL
PARTY) IS FREE TO CRITICIZE THEIR GOVERNMENT IF THEY FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT
SERVING THE INTEREST OF THE CITIZENS, AND NOT  FACE THE THREAT OF BEING
PERSECUTED IN ANY WAY. WE HAVE A CONSTITUTION THAT IS SUPPOSED TO GUARANTEE
THIS.IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY CAN CHOOSE TO
TOLERATE OR NOT TOLERATE. ANYTHING SHORT OF THIS IS THE VERY TYRANNY YOU ARE
DENYING EXISTS.THREATS, PERSECUTIONS AND SILENCING OF PEOPLE IN VARIOUS FORMS
IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY IN GAMBIA THESE DAYS. PROBLEM IS THAT WE HAVE BLIND
SUPPORTERS LIKE YOURSELF WHO DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THIS VERY BASIC FACT.
THAT IS SCARY MY FRIEND.

JABOU JOH