GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:51:55 -0700
Tombong,

That's a step in the right direction (equal air time
for all parties.) Not that it will matter AFTER the
APRC is done rigging the process from registering
aliens in the current Voter Registration exercise to
the type of Ballot Box swapping that obtained the last
time.

On Conteh's MBA: I have to say that I'm really
disappointed in you about Comrade Conteh's MBA issue.
I was expecting you to apologize to him after he had
refuted your accusations. Conteh supplied us the info
about his school, and all you need to do is call the
school to verify his claim. So, I'm really shocked
that you're still peddling the false info that he
doesn't possess an MBA. That's totally un-called for.
Let's criticize each other fairly.

As an advice though, I believe you'll do yourself a
big favor by taking what Malafy (Mafy) Jarju aka
Jerreh Yaya AJJ Jammeh tells you with a pinch of salt.
'Cause I have no doubt that you're swallowing garbage
fed you by Mafy about his homeboy Conteh. The last
time he Mafy surfaced here, he came after me for the
same reason. And he just couldn't be further off the
mark.

It's true that far too many Gambians in the West are
not engaged in forwardly-looking ventures, or
investments in their own futures. For some reason,
there's a shameful complacence with mediocrity
(dead-end jobs, paycheck to paycheck, etc.) That's no
real secret. But, it's simply untrue that many of us
who constantly criticize Yaya Jammeh's madness are
doing so out of spite and envy. The idea that we're
living frustrated lives in the West, and thus are
lashing out at y'all is totally preposterous. It's NOT
true and YOU TOMBONG knows that! So, please drop this
MBA thing. Even if Conteh doesn't have an MBA, does
that disqualify him to criticize your govt.? Are we
now supposed to set a criteria that in order to be
able to qualify to criticize Jammeh, one HAS TO HAVE a
college degree? In that case, how about setting a
criteria that "one has to have a college degree to run
for President. Or an established family life
-compound, wife and kid(s.)" Would that be acceptable?
Omar Drammeh said it best when he asked you what
you're "trying to proof?" I can't believe you're still
talking about the man's MBA or lack of it. Call the
school and tell us what you found. Otherwise, let it
go!

And on a final note, just realize that you and Mafy
are on Yaya Jammeh's side for very DIFFERENT reasons.
You're in it for good-old self-preservation. Mafy is
in it for nothing more than naked TRIBALISM! He's one
of those low self-esteemed Jola people who before Yaya
won't even speak Jola in public. Yaya's emergence has
given him a boost  in that direction. So, no matter
what Yaya does to the rest of the country, Malafy will
be behind him! If Yaya Jammeh were to give Tombong
Saidy and his wife and kids the "Koro Ceesay
treatment" tommorrow, Mafy Jarju won't hesitate to
come here the next day to defend that action. Remember
the case of his kin Lt. Landing Sanneh? You can tell
Mafy was angry at Lt. Sanneh for betraying the tribe.
So be warned. You can call me what you want, or
dismiss advice this as bs. But in your heart of
hearts, YOU KNOW what I'm saying is true. So, I rest
my case.

Good morning.

Saul.

--- TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<P>Kabir ,</P>
<P>I will give all political parties equal airtime.
Did you hear them complain during the by-elecyions?
Thet were given equal airtime and I gave UDP more
airtime than APRC. Once the IEC sets the rules, we
will full them. Those in The Gambia during the
by-elections can testify to this.</P>
<P>Come October, they will all be given equal
airtime.</P>
<P>PEACE</P>
<P>TOMBONG</P>
<P>&gt;From: Amadu Kabir Njie
<[log in to unmask]></P>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: The Gambia and related-issues
mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: Will The Real 'Kebba Jobe'
Please Stand Up.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:51:18 +0200
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"Sanusi Owens"
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Tombong
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; I entirely agree with you on this
one. It's issues
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; which matter not false names as
you call it.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Now Tombong lets honestly discuss
the issues;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Are you going to ensure that that
all political
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; parties have equal access to
GRTVS?
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You are more likely to succeed in
convincing the man, oops! - (man?,) to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;jump from the top of the Empire State
Building, if you know what I mean.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Regards,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Kabir.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To unsubscribe/subscribe or view
archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Web interface at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You may also send subscription requests
to [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if you have problems accessing the web
interface and remember to write your full name and
e-mail address.
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get Your Private, Free
E-mail from MSN Hotmail at <a