GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saikou Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 21:22:22 +0100
Mr Jeng,
Interesting,the Politicians tanked him for his"commitment" for the
development of the district,
the Jufureh people asked for a health Centre,a high School,cattle water
point and good roads and he told them to consider him first,that is to say,
they should first vote for him before he can considered these request,and he
went to another village and donated D10,000 from his pocket for a mosque to
be completed.You have to have a good heart condition to be able to digest
such  backward political mentality,the tax monies of the people is not his
private property,did he need to be reminded of this also ?or Why cant he
tell the people to stop paying tax if he can provide all these needs for
them ?hello is there anybody home ?

For Freedom
Saiks