GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:27:36 EDT
Suntou,

I will be very disappointed if the Gunjur Darboes accepted this monetary
gift from Yahya knowing that Presidents don't gift to citizens or select
families. I hope if they had accepted this gift, they return it immediately.
One  thing though I would like to share is that there are some Darboes who are
Jola.  They generally hail from the Cassamance area. Just to share the
varied nature of  surnames/last names in Gambia. WHether they are Sarahule,
Mandingo, jahanke,  Jola, Wolof, Aku, Fula, or Njago, or Tukuleur, they will
have utterly  disappointed me (sharing the same surname) if they were to have
accepted and or  not returned this odious gift. I hope JDAM can help clarify
this matter and if  possible assist in the good return of the money. If they
cannot return the gift  once accepted due to traditional fancy, then at
least they can transfer to gift  to other aversed families of Brufut (Taf-Taf
bereft of Gardens theft of Brufut  land comes to mind... The Manneh and
Sanneh families of Brufut) and my friend  Roberts promises to help me raise funds
for the Gunjur Darboes should they need  D300,000.00. It is unconscionable
in Islam to receive such a gift.

Maa Kaana Ibraaheema yahoodiyyan walaa nasraaniyyan walaakin kaana haneefan
 muslimann wamaa kaana minal mushrikeena.

Haruna.

In a message dated 3/27/2010 4:10:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,