GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:41:44 EST
Laye, I think this idiot needs to get off this free-country free-region
repatriation of Haitians back to some homeland bit. I like his adjustment to
naturalize desiring Haitians and offer desiring Haitians homes. But if I
were  Wade, I wouldn't trumpet this idea of a Haitian country or Haitian region
 anywhere. Even the US where most Haitians gravitate to, I am advising them
 against setting up "Haitian Communities". It is not healthy public policy.
All  groups of people tend to gravitate toward their own kind naturally,
but to have  a public policy that seems to concentrate a group of people in an
area is not  wise. And the US is NOT doing that. I just encourage them that
when they receive  a people on Humanitarian grounds, one should effort to
assimilate them in their  host societies even if that works counter to
natural human tendencies. It is  good for the Earth's dynamism and equilibrium.
Besides, any place outside of  Haiti is not Haiti. No piece of land on this
earth is a homeland of any group of  people. That is the way DaarManso
designed it.

Haruna. I know Wade means well. Connerie nonetheless.

In a message dated 1/22/2010 4:18:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,