GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:30:20 EST
Suntou,

You like stories don't you? I thought you were busy with your studies. If
you have taken up a position as marriage counsellor, we are not  interested.

Now to the extent your story is accurate and because you find it valuable  to
share it with us, I have one problem with your actions. Listen  carefully.

As the record keeper of an organisation, you have a fiduciary  responsibility
to maintain the integrity of the records and the privacy of the  members of
your organisation.

1. You ought not tell us what information you have about anyone.
2. You ought not tell us what the nature of your records are.
3. You should not have given information of any member of your organisation
to anyone UNLESS they have committed a crime against other and the provision
of  such information is to law enforcement in their efforts to solve the crime
and  render justice.
4. In your storied case, you should not have given the lady's number to  this
knucklehead even if he flipped sommersaults.
5. I don't wanna hear what you think the Qur'an says about your behaviour.  I
already know what the Qur'an says. You should now apologise to this lady
profusely, and to the extent the problem gets out of hand, you have a culpable
part to play in it.

Now that you have committed a cardinal sin, what you should do to diffuse
the tension is to report the harassment of this lady to authorities in her
jurisdiction and her husband in order that she may regain part of her security
and reassurance. She has been violated, your informing her that you gave her
phone number to someone (AFTER THE FACT) is no act of consideration. You had
breached the trust of the lady and indeed of the organisation. You should now
return the organisation's records and relieve yourself of the custodial and
fiduciary responsibility. Some acts do not deserve a second chance.

Suntou, do you play the Kora????

Masoud. MQJGDT. Darbo. Al Mu'Umin. Just when I think you're listening to my
counsel, you go off the deep end. New Gambians! I take no prisoners. Innahu
huwa  yubdi'U Wayu Ead, wa huwal Khafoorul wadood. Thul arshil majeed, fa-Aaalun
Lima  Ureed. Hal Ataika hadeesul khasiah, wajoo-hun yawma-ithin Naa-emah.
Lisa'Ayihaa  raadiya............. Don't tell us to be careful of your errors and
omissions.  We would not do what you did. Let us cleanse ourselves before we
attempt to  counsel others in matters of life.

In a message dated 2/10/2008 6:02:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,