GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:02:51 EDT
I wish to associate myself with you Demba and Suntou and Bailo in these
sentiments expressed here below.

Haruna. Without reservation.

In a message dated 4/23/2010 12:59:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Suntou,

"The conversation is a two way issue, if we can criticise  them, we too
should expect their opinions as against what we have been  saying".

We don't normally see eye to eye politically, but you are on  the money on
this one. Those who live in glass houses should not  throw stones. Do on to
others as you would want others to do onto you.

The editorial is reactionary but also touches on very pertinent and
sensitive subjects that we normally are not comfortable discussing. The
responsibilities for Gambia's political failures are broad and many are  responsible
for it. It is easier to point fingers than take responsibility for  one's
own part.

Gambian Diaspora are part of the problem and we will not admit it here.  We
fail to organize and expect others to do the same. What a disappointment?
Many of us just want the liberty to sit on the fence, be able to visit
families in the Gambia without trouble and expect a miraculous change. We  can't
eat our cake and have it at the same time.

We need to reflect on what role we are playing as we are one of the most
privillege elites Gambia has ever produced... Time to swallow our pride and
get involved...

Thanks for your thoughts Suntou...

Demba

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:23 AM, suntou touray <[log in to unmask]