GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:54:04 -0600

Bro Haruna,

This is a great enlightenment from you. Like you, I also have my reservations on some of these rebel groups. I certainly do not know how legitimate MFDC is, but I think there are great sons and daughters of Cassamance who enhance a democratic process, thus as you said: "If Senegal could without quickening her own disintegration, Senegal would have accorded Cassamance her independence. There is a way independence of Cassamance can be amicably achieved but it would not be by ceding territory to qualify MFDC's limited interests." That would be a fullfillment of Senghor's promise to Cassamance.

The following link will interest you, and you know the Fulas would say, "Fowruh nyunih, nyalel tehdi" (The howl of the hyena and the moo of the calf). If the scenario happens, we know the hyena is either on the calf or not far from getting to it. In short, it is not far from home.

http://www.foroyaa.gm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6031:

Once again, thanks.

Yero.

There is no god but Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger. Fear and Worship only Allah alone!