GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:01:16 +0000
Yusupha,
Thanx for the break down.

When i responded to brother Habib's call to justice weeks ago i had already
made my position clear as to whose side i am on: Viva Intifada! As i said
then and still maintain! No stammering!

Your exchanges with brothers Habib, Bakary and others who put in their two
cents in-between have been enlightening for people like myself and a source
of reference. When you talked about upbringing, i could not understand how
you could distinguish bad rearing from the Palestinian side, yet fail to see
the the same syndrome, instinct to kill and ravage the enemy(by conventional
means)in the young israeli soldiers.

What we are witnessing in the Mid-East is what military experts refer to as
'Asymmetric Warfare'! On one side you have heavy artillery, instruments of
precision which seldom miss their targets. On the other hand you have young
militants who excel in making life-shattering explosives, turning their
bodies into warheads!

As human-beings we are born with the ability to take our lives! May Allah,
The Most Merciful and Compassionate forgive us when we cross that line in
choosing a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Ameen!

Finally, your these last words really make a good quote of the day!

"The operative words for these two peoples is peace,understanding & love.
Both parties should make a serious commitment to end this senseless violence
and come together for a lasting peace agreement.  The USA also as the third
party power broker should really try harder to ease this conflict.  The same
applies to the UN."

Thank you my brother,
Sanyang.