GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:36:09 -0400
Hon. Daffeh, don't listen to Jengfann. He's just in awe of what UDP-UK has been able to achieve and the unity and energy among you folk is something to behold. If Gambians of other regions and nations can emulate what you guys do in such distinguished harmony, we wouldn't be sittin here talking about invitation letters.

Regarding Hon. Halifa's 360 degrees on who represents nadd in coalition talks, when he first suggested UDP talk to Sidia instead of himself, he was still under the illusion there was a nadd. He therefore wished to triangulate to give the mirage of gravitas in talks with UDP. Hon Halifa is terrified with the idea of talks about coalition between UDP and PDOIS. I don't blame him. If you were Halifa, leading PDOIS, wouldn't you want to pretend there was a nadd (PDOIS, 1/3ppp, 1/8NDAM) so you can have a semblance of leverage into any coalition talks which you determine is what the people of Gambia want??????????? So no, I don't blame Hon. Halifa for kicking the can Hon. Sidia's way. What I was disappointed in is why uncle Hon. SIdia did not tell him straight up: "Really, whjo're we fooling? nadd is PDOIS and PDOIS is nadd. UDP is not really looking to form an alliance with nadd, it is PDOIS they desire to form the alliance with. Just tell them to come back tomorrow and I'll be in Wulli and you go to Sare Chondi, so Sam can tell them he was not aware of the meeting".

Be that as it may Daffeh, that's water under the bridge. We are essentially in a new, more emergent phase of alliance-making. And Hon. Halifa has realized the mistake of not having taken advantage of that window then. Now he wants a written letter inviting PDOIS to talks with UDP for the purpose of seeking agreement on an alliance. Hon. Nyassy is calling that bluff like Obama did the Boehner. So I am not even concerned about that fait accompli. I urge you not to make that even difficult at this time and please don't make it complicated. Just a paragraph of greetings, one elucidating your common (UDP+PDOIS) desires for an alliance with the ambiance of Yahya's crimes, and the third inviting them to a workshop-meeting and please suggest a date, time, and neutral place. The home of Hon. Assan Musa Camara or a private mosque or church will be perfect.WHatever you do, do not suggest Ousainou or Halifa's homes or their headquarters. They might both get kidnapped by Hon. Hamat.

What I am suggesting is that after the two gentlemen and their associates meet and talk and an alliance is even tentatively agreed to, Halifa still wonders what platform the alliance might campaign on. So I am suggesting that UDP and PDOIS both select 3 to 5 of their members NOW, NOW, who will set about synthesizing their manifestos so that the prospective campaign platform can be delineated. You never know, after that due-diligence, Hon Halifa might be so excited the talks will be smooth sailing and swift. SO when they sign on the dotted line they will already be 1 month ahead into campaign mode. This effort of synthesizing the manifestos has the added value of soliciting funds from Gambians both resident and diaspora.

So Daffeh don't fret too much about bygone sleights. Hon. Halifa can also say that Hon. Ousainou sleighted him by withdrawing from NADD earlier. So lets say we're even, and given the gravity of this moment, that will help rebuild trust and landmark confidence. Each sleighted the other. So they're even. They have cried and wiped their faces. Now, as is typical of honourable men and women, they have given themselves another lifeline. Let us not worry about their prior indiscretions. No one is perfect. That hasn't stopped them from seeking perfection.

SO I understand what you're saying Daffeh. If anyone can accrue value to Gambia, you and UDP can. UDP cannot afford to play a tit-for-tat game with PDOIS while PDOIS is looking to UDP for elevated leadership. On account of their superlative affinities.

Don't worry about Jengfann, Coach, Joe-joe, Rene, Laye, or Dad Nyang. God knows they want a coalition too. They just have too much pride. So don't give them an opportunity to be intransigent. I don't know why they can't be like my friend Alpha Robinson. You wanna know a vrai community organizer, Alpha invented community organizing with Sam Sarr. These other chaps are just goldfish out of water. I have seen and been with Father Mose. If you know how you two look so much alike, I wondered if you might be twins but you just don't know it. Just like I'm triplets with Laye and Joe-joe.

I love you all.
Haruna.

     Re: Demba / Daffeh / PDOIS Central Commitee statement On United Opposition.

        UDP United Kingdom <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:03:10 +0100

Haruna, if Halifa wants a letter of invitation for talks, that is alright with us. We will determine how that letter will be crafted and get our able Ebou Manneh, snr. Administrative Secretary, to scrible it on paper. But you know what bothers me a lot; why is Ousainu Darboe's phone calls to Halifa not enough an invitation for pdois? When Sidia was asked to inform Halifa that the udp leader wants to talk to him about a coalition, he (sidia) didn't come back saying Halifa said he wants a letter of invitation. He (Sidia) said; halifa said it is me (sidia) that you should talk to'. So why is Halifa talking about a letter from the UDP NOW? This guy is manipulative and insincere.

Anyway, since he wants a letter, he will get a letter but it will be the UDP who will determine the content of that letter, not him.

Daffeh