GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
amy jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:53:29 +0100
Ms Quick,
 It is not about people thinking anything about you at all, after all nobody knows who you are. We are responding to what you have written.
 We are all human beings and as such we all do make mistakes.....but the secret is admiting your mistake and moving on. Nobody is holding a grudge here, we are simply stating things the way they are.(or to put it more precisely; stating our opinions)
 And as for problems we all have them, it is about knowing what your problem is and learning to deal with it. No need for  a mental breakdown just over some debate. The problem is not about you opening your mouth at all, because it is a free world and one can say whatever pleases them.The problem is thinking over your words before saying them, because once you have done that there is no retracting them back.
 Allah gave us a brain for a reason;thinking.
 I on my side I am not saying anything about you coz I do not know you and do not derive pleasure in belittling a fellow human being. I am merely responding to your allegations.

Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello...

If anyone has any questions about who I am, why I've said some of
the things I've said, or done some of the things I've done, or if
anyone has any questions about my honesty, intelligence, integrity, or
anything else you'd like to ask me. You're welcome to email me
privately, as some of you have done, or call me, my mobile is
931-721-6727, you can either call me or text me, either way.

This discussion has gotten way, way out of hand, a long time ago!
The best thing I can do, is take a step back, calm down, and just
walk away, which is what I should have done a long time ago.

Regarding some past comments on my blog, I've tried to find them,
but they are no longer on my blog. If someone else has a copy of
them, and they'd like to post them here, it's completely up to them.

Regarding the comments Kabir referred to on my blog, all I can
say is, much like this discussion, they were made in anger, and
frustration, and they never should have been said at all.

The first mistake I made during this whole thing was even daring
to open my mouth and comment on such a sensitive issue as racism, in
the first place. The next mistake I made was sharing the original
message and subsequent posts related to it with people off the list.

The next mistake I made was continuing a discussion with someone,
when I was already angry and upset. I should have known when to say
when, or at least, I should have stopped when I felt myself getting
angry about it, or at least upset.

I did not do that. And now what has happened is that this has
blown up into something it never should have.

I mean, this is a simple article we're talking about! And yet
words are flying back and forth! It really is childish and immature
on my part, to continue this discussion. Kabir and I just plain,
flat-out, simply don't agree! It should have been left at that, and
it wasn't!

Am I a liar, maybe, am I a hypocrite, maybe. But I'm human, and
I make mistakes. And I have made a fairly big one this time! It's
times like these, when I go off on a really bad tangent, and make
statements in anger, that I really do, honestly, take a good long look
at myself, and the bad aspects of my character, and yes, I do start to
wonder about myself.

I get frustrated! Really, really frustrated! I don't know why
there is racism, I don't know why there is prejudice! I can sit ant
and guess why. But I don't know!

But anyway, anyone is welcome to call or email me, though I'm not
sure my writing is making much sense.

I'm just ready to put this to rest. I'm tired, I just plain give
up. I'll concede that I'm human, maybe I have double standards, maybe
I'm hypocritical. Maybe I'm a liar. I sure don't know anymore.

It's funny that I like to think of myself as a certain kind of
person, but maybe I'm not that kind of person at all.

I guess when you get called a liar, hypocrite, piece of shit,
asshole, a nothing, ugly, stupid, and just about anything else in your
life, enough times, you really do start to wonder if it's true about
yourself.

And when people do actually comment on your intelligence, and
good character, you just want to tell them how wrong you are, that if
they really knew you, that they'd think differently about you.

It's an overwhelmingly depressing feeling, when you see, just
actually what an awful person you are. And yet, no matter how much
you might want to change yourself, you just can't do it, or you feel
you can't do it, no matter how hard you try.

Anyway, all my life I've had to explain myself to people. If
it's not because I'm blind, it's something else. So all my life, I've
felt I've had to be on the defensive, always having to prove myself,
both to myself and to other people.

Anyway, I'm straying off into a topic which has nothing to do
with anything that's been discussed these past few days.

It wasn't my intention to hurt or degrade or stereotype anyone.

However, everyone on here is free to think anything of me that
they want to. I'm too tired, and angry, and upset with my own actions
these past couple of days to really even try to defend myself and my
character to people anymore.

So on that note, I'm hitting "send" now. Think what you will, I
can't really do much about it, I don't think.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at: http://GinnysThoughts.blogspot.com/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい