GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 07:42:31 EDT
Tony,

You bet we know  very well  that  you and the University of Washington in
Seattle  are the roots of Gambia-L,  and we will always be grateful for that.
l hope that you and your family find happiness,  fulfillment  and all  that
you are  looking for in "The Big Apple". Let us hear from you privately  once
 you are  settled,  so we  can keep in  touch. We pray that you have a safe
and adventurous  journey across  the U.S.Yes, you will need many a  rest stop
to cover  that distance.

Jabou Joh

 Hi Gambia-lers,

 This is to inform you and my friends that after many years of living in
 Seattle, Washington and working for the University of Washington, I have
 accepted a position with the Brooklyn Public Library in New York City and
 will be moving there next week.  I am deeply saddened that I have to
 leave the Pacific NorthWest with my long history and ties, but I feel
 that the time is right to move on to other opportunities and experience
 life in the East Coast. As Veteran Gambia-lers could recall, until a few
 months ago, Gambia-l was originally hosted by my Alma Mater and former
 employer, the University of Washington during  its first few years in
 existence before the migration to its current host St John's University.
 I am quite sure that all of you appreciated that.
   I will be moving to New York by driving a truck accross the approximate
 3000 miles from seattle. I will be stopping along the way at nights for
 some rest and sleep. One of my night stops will be Madison,  Wisconsin
 where I hope to meet for the first time my friend Katim Touray, the
 founder of Gambia-l. So Katim, I will give you a call along with my
 cousins in Madison, Sainabou and Mineratou Loum and inform you of my
 arrival date. To Daddy Sang in Cleveland and Habib Diab in D.C., here I
 come, joining the east coast gang.
   I will inform you of my adventurous " trucking trip" from coast to
 coast.
 So I am asking you to pray to God/Allah to grant me and my family a safe
 journey. I will also like to take this opportunity to bid a farewell to
 all my friends in Seattle, the Pacific Northwest and the West Coast. I
 will  be coming back for occasional visits.

         Thanks
                       Tony Loum