GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saikou Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:37:27 +0100
Hello MRDG,
Are you people serious with this posting ?I have problems of understanding
what you people are saying.If you people are reading the different postings
on this issue you will understand that Gambian women do not need a Hammadi
to tell them what is good or bad about this issue.They don't need any
western woman/women to tell them what is good or bad on this issue.They are
doing their work and putting their message through to those it concern.It
concerns them and if we could not support them then lets give them peace and
not accusing them for not been able to think for them selves.Secondly if
this is an African culture that needs to be taken care of,I hope this is not
what you people mean,then one needs to define what culture is all
about.Culture is no stone,culture is something that is in constant
change,our people ,including you people,don't go in "jemba/jemboo" ,we go in
"Dabakorto" and jeans.
Can you give one reason why male circumscription is bad for the health of
men?
This debate was up here some time back,it seems that the message that the
sisters were sending out did not get through,I hope this time we will be
able to come to a final conclusion.

For Freedom
Saiks