GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
samateh saikou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:04:49 +0100

Brother Khalee ,

 I am very much convinced that there is so much
propaganda in this serious issue of war crime,we must therefore be very careful
in falling in the same route.WE have had much from the media that the majority
of the Syrians are against Assad and that this is a war between different
religious groupings. We all accepted these narratives without much deep
thinking,without any facts.When thousands were massacred in Egypt you never
here such things as “murdering their own people” but only the justification of
the military coup.The mass media has so much power over our minds that we
seriously and in many cases refused to think on our own. One must bear in mind
that ,Syria,unlike other Arab nations has a large minority population almost
over 30 percent of that population belong to other tribes or religion.The civil
war in Syria has seen the systematic slaughtering of these groups in the name
of religion

When   Carla del Ponte revealed that it was non but the rebels who
used Siren gas against syrians , this was quickly put under the carpet by the
main stream media and this poor lady was quickly put to rest on silence. There
are compelling evidence that the rebels might be responsible, even Turkey, a
strong supporter of the rebels at one time revealed that they have confiscated
chemical substance from the rebels but have since refused to say more about it .There
is certainly reason for both the US and the British prime minister to say that
they are not saying that they are 100 percent certain that the Assad regime
used the chemical substance .My reasoning has been that why will Assad do this
when he knows that the whole world will react and at a time when he invited the
UN to investigate an earlier case of such a nature. The initials  numbers we had from the oppositions was that
more than one thoudsand men ,women and children were massacred, now we are
hearing that it is a little more that 300.No matter the number,the act is a
crime against humanity. My other observation is that,this last incident
happened in an area were Assad’s military forces were winning and driving the
rebels out,why will they suddenly find the need to use a chemical gas against
civilians who will later be treated in Damacus hospitals. I  seriously believe that these are among the
reason,including false vedioes of the attack circulated in the social medias,
why many people are more and more getting skeptical of the whole narrative. There
are even those presenting evidences that ,for example, rebel supported medias,like
Al/jazeera, even reported about the incident many hours before it was supposed
to have taken place. I dont like Assad,I dont like any leader who thinks that
it is his birth right to lead.But here is what I read in the
New York Times today<

..........American officials said Wednesday there was no “smoking gun” that
directly links President Bashar
al-Assad to the attack, and they tried to lower expectations about
the public intelligence presentation. They said it will not contain specific
electronic intercepts of communications between Syrian commanders or detailed
reporting from spies and sources on the ground...........

With such a state of mind at the white house,will it not be right for any
one against the war to insist that there is a hidden agenda.See this one too
from the same new York Times

.......In an
interview on Wednesday with the PBS program “NewsHour,” President
Obama said he still had not made a decision about military action.
But he said that a military strike could be a “shot across the bow, saying
‘stop doing this,’ that can have a positive impact on our national security
over the long term.”..........

< our national security_ and we
are still talking about Syria and how can I be convince that this is about the
massacre of hundreds of innocent people.It could not be simply because America herself
is still using these dirty weapons against innocent people and this what
happened in Falluja, and we know what America’s very good friend, Israel did in
poor Gaza,I mean the use of white phosphorus.These are all war crimes that both
Israel and America are certain  going to
continue  to do and no one will bring
them to books..Let us even agree that Assad did it,will it not be an outright hypocrisy
from the Americans themselves, we are not even talking  about the use of cluster bomb  .

I seriously disagree with anyone who
believes that America intervene in Irag or Libya for the freedom of those
people,there is no nation on this earth that has supported both financially and
military dictators around the world more than the USA,it is not part of its culture.It
is their economic , political and military  interest that takes mighty America to war.It is
their right to do so and think so.It is the same with the Russians too.I am
more that 100 percent certain that had America not fear that it will further
put her interest into more problem with the fall of Assad, by now little Assad would
have been a history.Dont just listen to big mouth Assad.Look it took the first
Africom attack on Libya by a mere rumor that Gaddafi was going to slaughter the
whole of Benghazi. The back lash in Libya, and the 100 of thousands of fascist
jihadist doing the fight in Syria,who will blow off innocent even in a mosque
in the name of Islam {sic}, America has all reason to say that there act will
be surgical and even with that, they are still not sure how it will turn out to
be.You and I know public opinion is not the decisive factor ,had that been the
case ,America will not be in war for a very long time. The opinion in America
is against the war, it is for a peaceful resolution to the crisis even the media
propaganda machine is still struggling.Tell me who does not know in the US by
now that America goes to China to borrow money  to finance her wars .

With all these I am almost certain
that it is just a matter of time,but big America will go on the rampage, but
for sure,it will not be about human lives, that is secondary.

LD, you are very right,this issue
is much more complex than that and I hope another person will see the need to
this ,my few bututs on the table ,you will be much more better to do this.

For Freedom

Saiks