GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:07:13 EDT
Gassa,

Yes indeed, some of the ministers have resigned, and what a nhonourable thing
for them to do. You are rignt, things like that do not often happen in
Africa, and the government you are constantly defending being a typical
example of people who will not od the right thing when it is required. It
takes excellence of character and a deep sense of justice. I am very
surprised that you realize that this does not happen everyday in Africa. How
do you reconcile that opinion of yours and your outrage that teh right thing
may not be done with your daily defense of the APRC regime when some of them
did order the murder in cold blood of our kids who were merely exercising
their rights to protest? No one has stepped forward to take the
responsibility, and no one resigned in the face of that tragedy and no one
has made any attempts to bring justice to those whose loved ones were killed
or maimed for life. Yet, you were outraged because the Senegalese may not do
the right thing.
Where was your outrage when that atrocity that someone within your beloved
regime has yet to own happened? Not to worry, the face lift on the
infrastructure will heal that i guess.
 I guess it is just a case of selective moralization on your part.

Well, the Senegalese authorities shown their integrity and I wish we could
expect the same of the government of Yaya Jammeh whom you extoll daily.

As for having relatives in Senegal, I am sure you must know that you are not
the only Gambian who has relatives in Senegal. You will be surprised what
deep roots  some of us have in Senegal.

If you apply the analysis, logic and sense of responsibility you want to see
applied by the Senegalese authorities to the APRC regime you defend daily,
then I will know you are sincere in the things you say Gassa. The Senegalese
authorities have shown that they are indeed people of integrity with a sense
of justice and excellence of character. I hope all of us can come to that
place in Africa.

Jabou Joh