GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdoukarim sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:42:55 +0100

Gambians and Friend of The Gambia

I have today received 30 T-Shirits and banners from Amnesty International-Gambia Stop The RULE OF FEAR. I was not at work when the materials were delivered by DHL but thank God my wife was around to signed the items. I spoke to Bisola Akintoye at Amnesty International West Africa Desk and was told the London events will be covered by BBC, Al Jazeera, BEN and OBE Television. The public statement and online petition will be ready by tomorrow and we hope Gambian will signed.

Once again I am appealing to Gambians to come out in their number and join the Gambia Day of Action at Nigerian High Commission and Senegalese Embassy. The Focus of this Year campaign is as follows:-

FREE FEMI PETERS

FREE EBRIMA MANNEH

FREE EDWIN NWAKAEMA

STOP ARBITRARY ARRESTS

GAMBIA STOP UNFAIR TRIALS

GAMBIA STOP TORTURE

STOP THE RULE OF FEAR BUT PUT IN RULE OF LAW

The meeting point @ trafalgar square at 12

Nigerian High Commission @ 12.30 to 1.30

Representative to Common Wealth Secretariat at 1pm

Senegalese Embassy Kensington @ 2pm to 3.30pm

If Gambia matters to you join us for the Day of Action!