GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:53:06 -0400

"Deeds opposed bans on buying more than one handgun a month and carrying firearms in bars."?

-- Washington Post, June 6, 2009

Haruna,

In the final hours before the election, we need to be on the lookout for misleading robocalls.? We've gotten word that Creigh Deeds is running an attack call accusing Terry McAuliffe and Brian Moran of "lying."?

Deeds is claiming that his record on guns is in lockstep with Democratic leaders like Mark Warner.? The Washington Post points out that's just not true.? Both Mark Warner and Tim Kaine say that guns and alcohol do not mix.? But in the past two years, Creigh Deeds voted six different times to allow concealed weapons into bars.? He even voted to override Governor Kaine's veto of that bill - twice.

That's not all.? The Washington Post writes that,

Deeds also voted to stop localities from enforcing more restrictive gun requirements than the state, including banning guns at community centers and parks, to limit government lawsuits against gun manufacturers and to deny judges the ability to reject gun permits from certain criminals.

[Washington Post, 6-6-09]

The sad truth about the kind of robocall the Deeds campaign is pushing is it can work - unless it's thoroughly and unambiguously debunked. That's where you come in.? We need you to forward this email to as many people as you can - friends, neighbors, family members, you name it -- so that anyone who's gotten the Deeds campaign's negative robocall can get the truth about what really happened.? ?

Elections are wonderful things - it's democracy in action.? But in order for our democratic process to be effective, voters need to know the facts - and we can't allow candidates to make them up as they go.

Thanks so much for everything you've done over the past six months. There's just one day left, and we're counting on you to make sure we come out on top on tomorrow.

Mo Elleithee
Senior Campaign Strategist

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい