GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:28:54 +0200
Mbolo- mi,

The sad death of Lai Sarr " Bahu Ma-Bahu lor" is really tragic and
painful. He struggled these past years alot with several minor and also
major health worries. I spent very close and private moments with him
very recently. No death is nice but soime are gracious and dignified.

He and Paps Touray shared the same humble faith. They were borned to
serve the Gambia without expectations and monetery rewards.

Like Dr. Martin Luter King would say :" They have been to the mountain
top".

I spent my childhood at his house at Leman S and Hill street.. His mom
made the Chura -Gereteh each morning and I would go to the market to get
Lai Sarr his Fenneh (the one that makes you dizzy under the sun,real
Fenneh" He was a fire brigade and after worked as a rates collector for
the BCC at Albert market in Banjul. A famous and handsome young
man,brave,argile and morally supreme gentleman..

As sports man he played for the Gambia national team in many
position,from goalkeeper to left-out and center forward. He wass a high
jumper and a complete all round sportsman at national level. He spent
most of his days with my brother Ousman "O" who worked with him at
Fisheries department

He played for Police, Augustinians and Wallidan and at all times he was
the National goalkeeper for the Gambia that all you to adored.

Abdoulie Sarr was the best goalkeeper the Gambia ever hand in the past
one hundred years.

Buhuma , May god bless and grant you Heaven and peaceful rest .

My condolences to the entire family and to all his friends and family
and not forgeting Alex Thompson (Ice cream goalkeeper) and Burama
Jaiteh"Bahuma junior", Haddy Jobe ,Fatou Secka, Boscarr, Kawsu Jarra and
all good and great friends at Leman, Hill street, and lately the vous at
Kanifing at O.Drammeh's.

God is great !
Oko Drammeh
Your scholar