GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamadi Banna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:09:43 -0500
Maria,

I would concur with Yus.  I think some list members did discern a tone of
cynicism in your recent postings. For instance, I cannot understand why you
would keep pointing out that only women on this list have responded to your
request for information on The Gambia.  Don't you think it may sound
somewhat feminist to point out the sexes of the members who responded to
your request?

If I well recall, the Movement for the Restoration of Democracy in The
Gambia (New York) did forward some web links to you.  It is my believe that
there is so much information on the internet that no one, especially those
who have access to computers, has any excuse any longer for staying in the
dark about any country.  Typing a single keyword, e.g. "Gambia", on any
search engine could pull up so many references that one could easily be
swamped.  You may also visit the web pages of human rights organizations
such as Amnesty International, the official site of the US government, the
Canada Immigration and Refugee Board, the European Commission for Human
Rights, the United Nations, etc.   You will certainly find ample information
on the current socio-political situation in The Gambia.

I commend you for your concerns and urge you to keep up the fight against
injustice and poverty.

Hamadi.