GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:03:51 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below is a short note from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I went to the rural areas during the weekend, that's why you didn't hear
from me, these past few days. In fact, I had a nice stay in Basse, but it
was really hot. Anyway, I am back at work, and, as such, do expect to
receive more updates from me, as soon as I clear my table, for this
so-called Cabinet.

By the way, Momodou Camara posted the TAF Construction story on today's
Daily Observer, to the L. You may want to comment on the credibility of your
sources in the Gambia, for the benefit of Mr Edi Sidibeh and one or two, who
were doubting your sources.

Didn't I tell you, from day one, that Lamin Bajo's sacking had to do with
land allocated to TAF around the Independence Stadium?

Ebrima, I will tell you an irrefutable fact and here it goes: a competitor
who is not endowed with the smarts and business savvy of TAF, but with a
rather long arm reaching into every nook and cranny of Kanilai, is behind
this affair. Do you want me to tell you his name? Come on Ebrima, you know
the guy I am refering to!

Anyway, let me give you some pointers by asking you this question: Since
when did the Daily Observer adopt such an aggressive interview technique as
seen displayed in their article of today. Now, I am sure you can see the
connection for yourself. Anyway, I'll shed more light on this saga once I
clear my table.

By the way, the guy who brought the BIVAC team to Yaya Jammeh was Zeinab
Jammeh's father. There was a typographical error in your last posting, in
that it was written that the guy who took the BIVAC team to Yaya Jammeh "was
Zeinab's father-in-law".

The guy is actually Zeinab's father and needless to say, Yaya Jammeh's
Father-in-law.

Anyway, I'll communicate soon.

Thanks!