GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:02:14 -0500
Joe,
Thanks for your reply. Can you ask those responsible for STGDP to get the
SWIFT Code of the bank? That will be easier because I cannot use the
routing number. I ran into that problem just recently. What is needed is
the SWIFT Code, Account Number and the address of the recipient.

With regard to your qustions on information sharing; my opinion is that any
information which is of interest to Gambians will be appreciated if you can
share with us.

Comments from individual list managers should not be seen as a policy of
Gambia-L list management. We are also ordinary list subscribers and our
postings should be received as the opinion of the individual unless it is
stated that the message is sent on behalf of the List management.

Best regards,
Momodou Camara

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:30:06 -0400, Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Mo, thanks for your inquiry and for the Waa Fund, Soffie can help with
>that.  As for the Save The Gambia Democracy Project fund (STGDP), formerly
>the Save The Gambia Fund, I will obtain the account number and routing
>number from Banka Manneh or Kebba Foon in Atlanta.  The account resides in
>Atlanta.  So, please bear with me.
>
>As to whether the L readership are irrelevant in the struggle, I say they
>are just as important and necessary in the struggle for a better Gambia,
>just as any other Gambian interest.  In the past I made sure that any
>issue discussed that is relevant to Gambians, on the L or Post, is sent to
>the other site, respectively.  However, I was attacked for that, to the
>point I decided to focus my services on
other things that equally needed
>my time.  In the interest of sanity, I decided to contact the folks from
>the L that contributed to the fund privately, to update them about the
>fund.  I also realized that by doing that I alienated other readers in the
>L, but I had no other option in the midst of the attacks.  The L
>readership also had a responsibility to tell those folks that they needed
>to hear what Gambians are discussing in other fora.  I interpreted the
>silence as an agreement to not bring other voices from other sides.  Most
>of the discussions regarding the various fund raising events, conferences,
>demonstrations etc., take place on the Post.  However, how can I bring
>issues from other sites to the L if it seemed to serve as nuisance to the
>readership?  May be the list managers can weigh in and give direction as
>to what is acceptable or not acceptable from other sites for information
>sh
aring.  Actually, a couple of managers have rebuked me, that a
>particular discussion took place on the Post and are not to be discussed
>on the L.  I don't recall who exactly, but their comments are some where
>in the archives.  And so, what is the way forward?  I sent in the Waa Fund
>because that is discussion I brought to the Post and hopefully none would
>have a problem with on the L.  The other thing I continue to send to the L
>is the Foroyaa newspaper and that I receive from Sam Sarr of PDOIS and I
>send them to both the L and Post and I hope none have a problem with
>that.
>
>So, left to me, I will share any information I came across that is of
>interest to Gambians, regardless of who they are and where they are, but
>if the messenger (I) is the problem, then I will let others provide that
>service.  The problem in this case is, none stepped in to provide the
>service.  I hope
 the managers will give direction on this important
>issue.  Also, the STGDP is not sending weekly/monthly updates of the list
>of contributions/contributors to any forum any more, for we realized that
>our people see the numbers on the list visa vie our numbers in the
>diaspora and comfortably play a wait and see strategy.
>
>To conclude, am I allowed by the managers to bring information (not
>certain information), but any information that is of interest to the
>readership, from other Gambian sites?  The freedom of information requires
>the spread all information, not just what a certain quarter agrees with,
>but any and all information.  That is how we can grow as citizens of this
>world in general, and as Gambians in particular.  This is a lengthy
>response to your six word inquiry, but I think it is important that we
>clear the fog on this issue for a way forword.
>
>Chi Jaa
ma

>Joe Sambou
>

>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:19:31 -0400, Joe Sambou
>> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>>All, the Waa fund is still accepting contributions.  Please send your
>>>contributions to Soffie Ceesay in the US or Dave Manneh in the EU/UK.
>>>Alternatively, you can sent your contribution to me at, 8046 S. Kimbark
>>>Ave., Chicago, IL 60619.  Thank you for your continued support.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Chi Jaama
>>>Joe Sambou
>>

>> Thanks for the information Joe. Can one of you collecting funds for the
>> coalition provide us with a SWIFT code (Society for Worldwide Interbank
>> Telecommunications (S.W.I.F.T.) network) and account number from a bank
>> so that some of us who would like to transfer money for the coalition
>> could do so?

y the way, it has been a long time since we got any update here on