GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:46:01 GMT
I totally agree with you on the idea of shared responsibility and equal
justice. We needed a woman's point of view. I am a muslim by birth, but I do
not subscribe to any religion's dogma and doctrines beyond the tenets of the
ten commandments. I hope there are muslims, christians, buddhists, etc. like
me.

I have always believed religion to be extremely sexist. The idea that the
female is the weaker gender with fewer scruples is preposterous. I can't
remmember who it was recently who wandered why so many Gambians tend to
display symptoms of mental lethargy. The answer could be found in the
gradual replacement of common/natural sense and discipline with religious
fanaticism.

cheers!!