GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 31 May 2009 01:34:00 +0000

ATT

I do not doubt the sincerity of your invitation at all, but my Atlantic seaboard community on the west coast of Africa incessantly beckons. I am watching the political winds, but with the accomplished Dr Peters reminding us of the constant that is human mortality, it is safe to say Dabanani offers the greater attraction for now.

That reminds me of your great potential to positively affect my life, and those of numerous Gambians, by offering your non-partisan services to the cause of a united opposition front for 2011.YJ of Gainako fame is leading the clarion call, and I have every confidence you will rise to the challenge as we negotiate a way forward. I assure you of the total absence of sarcasm in my plea.

In collaboration with the likes of Mballow, it is imperative that you work on Ousainou and Hamat. Much is at stake. Do your part, and be assured there is not an iota of sarcasm in my plea for your good offices in making 2011 fundamentally different from 2006. I do not propose that you join STGDP, but I strongly urge that you dilate the communication lines already opened by the group when it openly called for your support recently.

About US affairs, you forgot I spent eight years in that heir to the imperial throne of Rome. It is a country of great contradictions, and I am of the view that its embodiment of the imperfections of human societies notwithstanding, the US of A is as great as they come. Like other students of comparative politics, I am fascinated by the US system, Sotomayor, the Supreme Court, the Federalist Papers, and much more, should be seen in that context.

How about we discuss the nuances of the confirmation as the hearings happen?

Although I still struggle in placing you, I do hold you in great esteem.

LJDarbo