GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 15:43:45 EDT
 >>Mark:

As I stated in the latter part of my email, I wrote this while in a slight
haze after a long night and the piece does have typos and accidental
miscommunications etc. But Seedy Ahmed is certainly not my enemy nor did I
intend to convey this feeling. My initial reaction to reading his post was
that his arrival was like a strong draught of fresh air through the L.   Diver
sity is important in every culture/society and so are divergent views.  But
there is also a distinct difference between good over evil, and anyone that
knowingly refuses to condemn a clear and present evil is certainly not in my
good books.

The correction to the following should hopefully clear the air in regard to
this matter:
I wrote:
<<I strongly believe that we are not on the same side and similarly not
everyone is my friend on this cyber forum that we have here.  Everyone's
track record   speaks for itself and every discourse that has ever been
carried out on the L is   located at this URL:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html      >>

I meant to write:

<<I strongly believe that we are ALL not on the same side and similarly not
everyone is my friend on this cyber forum that we have here.  Everyone's
track record   speaks for itself and every discourse that has ever been
carried out on the L is   located at this URL:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html   >>

Furthermore, someone who is not my friend does not automatically qualify as
an enemy either.

Hope this clears the air.

On a final more personal note, Mark, are you a Muslim? Or, like me, do you
believe that God is universal and therefore can be addressed interchangeably?
Just curious!

Yus