GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Yusupha C. Jow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:18:22 EDT
Gassama:
You have never questioned my right of association?  What a load of
sentimental and self-serving kaka!  Is this the same Pa Modou Gassama AKA
Kebba Jobe (Daddy Nying), who was famous for  insulting some of our
subscribers because of their views and associations.  One of your favorite
lines was that some of us in the diaspora maintained our anti-govt stance in
the hopes of getting a green card.  Does this sound to you like someone who
has not questioned our rights of association!

Now to your so-called reasons:

You wrote:
<<. I do not believe in the sincerity and motive of many of the proponents of
this advertisement campaign. I do not believe that some of you making this
proposition are doing it out of conviction, love or compassion. The reason
for this assumption can be found in your own exchanges prior to Sanyang
asking for my assistance. If some of you had genuinely cared and wanted to
take up advertisements to commemorate the events of April 10/11, 2000, you
could have done so a long time back.>>

Here we go again with you contradicting yourself.  You claim that we are
questioning your right to association, yet you turn around and question the
"rights of association" of the proponents of this campaign.. Your utterances
are the stuff that hypocrites are made of, for the most important idea should
be the concept and not those involved in the venture.  And if you cared so
much about the motives of those involved, you should have pointed out exactly
whom you have a problem with and why?

You also wrote:
<< All of you know very well that both Deyda Hydara of The Point newspaper
and Ebrima Sillah of Citizen FM and a BBC correspondent, are subscribed to
the list and work for the press. They are in a much better position to
facilitate any transactions between you and the media in The Gambia.>>

I think you should address this point to Lamin Sanyang, who reached out to
you in the hopes you would provide assistance in getting her idea started.
Furthermore, do you intend to tell us that you were thinking the above when
you declined Minos' invitation?  This IMO is a non sequitur, as some would
put it.  It is shameful that you would even bring up such a flimsy excuse,
but it goes to show what kind of fake charlatan you are.  Deyda and Ebou
Sillah have nothing to do with this.

You again wrote:
<<3. If you genuinely want to protest about the lack of justice in the case
of the victims of April 10/11, 2000, you know exactly were to make it, <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">
[log in to unmask]</A>.

4. If your motive is to inform, again you know how to do it, send a letter or
article to any paper of your choice and it will be published. Why an
advertisement? What are you advertising? That kids were massacred two years
ago? Who are you telling, those of us living here? My friends, get real.>>

I shall not even talk about pt. 3 of the above.  You know how most of us feel
about this, but in short, it is one of those nonsensical points that shows
you are grasping for air.  Tell me, what happened to all the efforts of folks
who petitioned the govt. after the April 10/11 massacre?  Of course, I don't
expect you to answer my question honestly.  Like I told you, you are a
yellow-bellied coward.

Your pt. 4 is one of those risable comments which I hope folks will genuinely
ignore.  But I think this pt just shows how short-sighted you are.  Are you
upset about the amount of publicity a full page ad will generate?  Well, this
is exactly the point and only mental midgets, as KB likes to put it, would
think that having an article published the last page of say the Independent
would generate as much publicity as a full page ad.  It happens here all the
time, and I think it is an excellent way of sensitizing the public to issues.
 Your stupidity and short-sightedness is mind boggling at times.
Sensitization and education of the public is good, and I am sure they will
appreciate the perspective this ad will bring.

You wrote:
<<5. None, and I mean none, of the slaughtered children is related to me in
any way nor am I related to any of those who did the shooting. As such, I can
only sympathise with the berieved and then move on. If you must know, these
kids were shot by our very own brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters, uncles,
cousins etc. Not one of the shooters is a foreigner. They are all our own
kith and kin.>>

You are truly a cold hearted and selfishly pathetic individual if what you
wrote above is anything to go by.  The point is most of us on this list were
not directly affected, yet we still care about what happened.  You can
sympathize with them and move on but it is also the right of concerned folks
to continue to commemorate the occasion in whatever way they feel worthy. If
someone comes to you and asks you for help in doing this, you, as a
supposeldy concerned and conscious Gambian, should help.  We cannot afford to
bury this under the rug like it never happened.  Instead, we need to
commemorate this occasion over & over again so that it never happens again..

And what is this talk about these kids being shot by our kith.  Again, you
show your heartless self again.  Who cares what the relationship is here!
The point is that they murdered an integral part of our future, the kids.
Accordingly, those who gave the order and those who carried it out are
equally palpapbel for the crime and they should be tried accordingly.  I am
not going to fall for this retarded Gambian concept called "Masla", which
will only result in old unhealed wounds being covered up and not treated..

Finally you wrote:
<<6. I believe that a lot of progress have been made in the healing process
despite all that some of you are saying. I will not therefore associate
myself with any venture as foolish as this. Do you believe for one moment
that if the bitterness that some of you feel was felt by the relatives of the
dead, some of those implicated in their shooting would still be walking our
streets, attending the same weddings, christenings and funerals as them
without any incident?>>

This last point shows your overt hypocrisy.  You contradicted yourself
without even knowing it.  In your first paragraph you questioned the motives
of folks doing this, yet now you turn around and call this venture foolish!
Which one is it, Gassama?  And while you are at it, let us know what kind of
reconciliation efforst have been made after the massacre.  To end, your
stupid comment about folks going to church together etc does not deserve a
response from me.  It is a stupid and emaciated argument.  Sometimes I wonder
whether you are in charge of planning for Gamtel.  You certainly don't think
like a planner.

-Yus