GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:10:00 -0700
 *"Yes, if you want to say that I was a drum major, say that I was a drum
major**
for justice.Say that I was a drum major for peace. I was a drum major for**
righteousness. And all the other shallow things will not matter. I won't
have**
any money to leave behind.I won't have the fine and luxurious things of
life to**
leave behind.But I just want to leave a committed life behind.And that's
all I wanted to *
*say. If I can help somebody as I pass along, if I can cheer somebody with
a word or song, *
*if I can show somebody that he's traveling wrong, then my living will not
be in vain."---MLK*

 April 4, 1968 .......On This Date Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Was Assasinated !!!

Dr. King was one of the most well known African Americans of the Civil
Rights
era of the 1960's.He headed the SCLC and was in the forefront of the
struggle
against racism and segregation, which was legal in the U.S.A. at the time.
He was amongst those leaders, who helped pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
and also the Voting Rights Acts of 1965.He received the Nobel Peace Price
in 1964.
He was assasinated in April 4, 1968 at the young age of 39. He is being
memorialized nationwide annualy, on M.L.King Day; as a nationwide Federal
holiday each January.
The only African American to be given such an honor - a true African
Freedom fighter.
He stood with African Freedom fighters in their struggles for Independence;
and their
fight against colonialism and apartheid; and lived to see many gain
political independence.

Sainey Faye

Some famous quotes from Dr. King : -

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability.
but comes through continuous struggle.
And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom.
A man can't ride you unless your back is bent."
Martin Luther King,
Jr.<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth121065.html>
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who
helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against
it is really cooperating with it."
Martin Luther King,
Jr.<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth124474.html>
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."
Martin Luther King,
Jr.<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth103571.html>

 "Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable...
Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and
struggle;
the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals."
Martin Luther King,
Jr.<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/martinluth164280.html>

* (Forward from Uncle Sainey Faye)*
* *

--
*"Be the change you want to see in the World"*

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい