GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:34:11 -0400
Brother Solomon Silva,.

St. Mary's day has always been a holiday in The Gambia ( I remember how
it always rained on that day and the procession) Any changes? or
updates.
By the way,  All muslims have the highest regards and respect for the
virgin Mary. Her life and miraculous birth of the prophet Jesus (Issa
Ibn Mariam- peace be upon him) is well documented in the Holy Quran in
surat Mariam.. The Surat reveals her life with Yusuf (Joseph) and the
trials and tribulations she endured at the hands of the Rabbis in the
Synagogue she attended then. I always am amazed at the miracle of the
births of Adam -Kun fa ya koun- and Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon
then)

This should remind  us all of our common  teachings belief in the
Ingeel..

FYI

In Lebanon  many women (Christians and muslims) go to visit the mosque
where she is believed to have appeared near Damascus in Syria ( as a
pilgrimage and request of special prayers for childless couples -women
having difficulty bearing children )
and
 Also at a place outside the southern city of Sidon (Saida) in Lebanon
where the first large original statue is clearly visible from the
Mediteranian sea . This is one of the most visited tourists attraction .

Good luck

Habib Diab Ghanim