GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:21:58 -0800
Thanks Momodou
May Allah have mercy and grant him Jannah.
Seyfo Jalamang Keita took over from Seyfo Dodou Ndow . Both of them lived in my late father's
compound. Our families were and are still close .
Please extend my sincere sympathy to the late chief's family.
I will send a telegram today .
Thanks for the information.. I remember Jalamang very well .Because of the late Seyfo Dodou
Ndow (who lived right next to my dad's room) meeting inside our compound , I got to learn and
respect the traditional chieftaincy  . It really worked out well . I wish their powers are
reinstated and let the commissioners do only civil responsibilities.
I also had the opportunity to grow up with the children of the late Seyfo Sadar Manneh (before
Seyfo Dodou Ndow). There were claims of him having twelve wives and over sixty children. When
I was still very young in the fifties , he opened the famous stone circles at Wassoh near KTR
Wharft Town to the European explorers . It used to be off limits then..

Thanks again Mr. Camara.

habib diab Ghanim

I wonder who will be elected  as the new chief. Ceedy Bensouda was once a candidate.