GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:37:04 -0600

Mbodge, it is sometimes very painful dealing with our people. I hear descriptions such as hatred, disdain, anger, loosing focus, wrong timing, emotional, etc., as folks attempt to make us the problem - all coded language. You begin to wonder whether you even know some of these folks anymore even after all these years reading them and somtimes dealing with them. It is frieghtening. A colleague of mine once counseled to "keep your enemies close and your friends even closer". How do you have a person be a professor teaching students about politics and ethics and wrote volumes for his department about a dictator, only to wake up one day to put all that in the trash bin to join the dictator. Then the person gets trapped by the dictator and all of a sudden he is brave that is why he was in Gambia and that he should be a spokes person for someone or crusade for another all for some strategy that they conjured up in their head.
"Now, is it a sin to state facts for posterity and not be tarred with assassinating the character of Professor Amadou Scattered Janneh and his likes.  Men, what is wrong with stating facts?"
I care less who thinks I am assasinating Amadou's character, for I am not insecure and I am not a hypocrit. When our folks don't want to face the truth, they will posture all kinds of ways and find all kinds of logic and excuses - anything but the truth. Why be general when you have all the space to be specific? You notice that over the years, many fighters on this and other distro quit because they cannot deal with the hypocricy anymore. These are people we all know we can trust and will never lower the standards of acceptable behavior. They are here reading but when they contribute it is international in scope. Their spirit on matters Gambia is killed. Because folks have a knack for waffling and the dishonesty is grueling for someone who strives to be honest. Our people can get you to that place. I have never been a quiter in my life, but many a times I am brought to the edge of the cliff. This is very frustrating and defies commonsense. And then you have the folks who hide behind veils to prescribe what we should do when they cannot even risk coming out and they see nothing wrong with that basic action. Are the rest of us dumb that is why we reveal our ID? How do you even be oblivious to the fact that you are a phantom preaching to folk about what they should or not do? Sense of decency should dictate that you are conscious of that fact and stay silent and read because of your pride for you know folks saw through that, but no. They hide behind freedom of speach and forget the responsibility that accompany those freedoms. If I respect you enough to reveal my ID, you mean to tell me that you do not even know the importance of reciprocating. It comes back to ethical behavior. I am coming to the realization that some of us just pay lip service to integrity and ethical behavior. It is the values you carry with you, especially when none is looking. If I cannot trust a person, I cannot deal with them at a certain level, especially in the heavy matters we deal with in the s$%t that occurs daily in Gambia. They have all the space to extenuate their scheme as long as they are certain that I am not party to it. Yes, I can hear them say good riddance and I say the feeling is mutual.
Joe