GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Malanding S. Jaiteh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:42:28 -0400
Mr. Kebba Dampha,
I am sure you will agree with me that:

- in a true court of law, one is treated innocent until proven guilty- the
same standard must be applied to either Barrow or Sanyang even if they
appear to be part of a government conspiracy

-real defense lawyers do not go about debunking the prosecutions case before
they get into the court room- an element of surprise is always an advantage
in a trial

-it is the responsibility of the journalist and not the public to verify the
authenticity of the news they bring to us. I do not think either you or I
are any qualified to lecture Ebrima Ceesay about that.

Thank you

Malanding