From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 08:23:25 -0700
You'll enjoy the text to speech.  When I took over my mom's account I told
them I was visually handicapped and was upgraded to the wally free.  I
don't know what receiver you are getting.  If you get the hopper, I don't
know how well that works as far as recording.  If you get the wallie, you
can plug a usb hard drive into the back and it will record.  Unlike the
hopper, you can only record one thing at a time, but you can play back
while it is recording.

The dvs doesn't work like it should on mine.  You have to go in and turn
it off and back on.  It should be automatic, but is not.  Another bug they
have, at least in the wallie, is when you've finished watching a recorded
show, you are put in a list, but not on the one you've just watched.  I
would wind up deleting the wrong show.  I hit cancel to get totally out of
the dvr and then go back in where I can select the show I want to delete.

If your remote is like mine, it is bluetooth so you don't have to point at
the receiver.  If you have an amazon echo, it can be set up so you can
tell the echo to go to a particular channel.  You'll need the receiver on
internet for this, and my installer put a wireless thing on my wallie so
it was on line.

Have someone tell you all the buttons on the remote.  If it is like mine,
right above the number keys is a group of six keys in two rows of three.
Top left is back ten seconds, you can keep pushing this one, middle on top
row selects dvr.  The right one is forward 30 seconds.  When I get to a
commercial, I tap this one about 5 or six times and just skip them.
The bottom row is stop, record, and play, left to right.  The record is
right above the two. If you want to record a show you are watching, just
press the record button.  If you bring up the guide and want to record
what you have selected, hit the select button twice.  This is the round
button in the middle of your four way group.

Hope all that makes sense.  The text to speech is fun as you can tell what
is on, how much time is left and so forth.

I have not figured out how to create favorites or any of that yet.  If you
are getting the hopper, some of this may be different, but if they are
charging you extra for the hopper, tell them you want the wallie as a free
upgrade as you need the text to speech.  I got two wallies at no cost to
me.  Jus plug in a 1 or 2 tb hard drive in the back and you can then
record and play back.
he drive will have to be formatted by your reciever, but it works and is a
lot of fun.  I almost never watch anything live any more, I'm use to
skipping the commercials.

Hope this helps a little.