CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Julie Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2009 10:12:14 -0400

My 3 year old son was just accepted to a 4 star daycare.  This is by far my
biggest challenge with dealing with childcare facilities on my sons food
allergies.  They are required to meet Department of Human Services guidelines
and Child and Adult Food Program guidelines.

At first, I was asked to bring his breakfast, lunch, and p.m. snack.  At this
time, I requested a discount to my tuition to cover the cost of packing this
food daily to meet their requirements.  Then we looked over the menu and
determined that my son could have most of the vegetables, milk, etc. and that
I could bring the main dish if it included gluten (which is the case on most
days).  I would have to bring the 1.5 ounces as required by DHS.

Help!  Is there any publications that give a black and white description for
child care facilities?

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *