CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:06:03 -0500

Hi.  I need some help.  I am really struggling to get my diabetes under
control and I know part of it is the fact that I need to be on three diets
at the same time.  Anyway, I do need to work harder at this.

Are there any products that are sugar free that do not contain aspertaine?
The only thing I have found so far are applesauce's that say no added sugar.
Are there any other products out there that have no added sugar?

Next question.  I already called my doctor's office to ask this question but
have not gotten a call back yet.  No one will be surprised about that.  Can
an undiagnosed thyroid problem throw your glucose levels off?  I was
diagnosed years ago with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and basically told not to
do anything about it.  Now my T4 and TSH numbers are out of range.  I was
just wondering if anyone knew if there is a relationship between the two.

One more.  I noticed yesterday  that the glycemic index for brown rice pasta
is 92 compared to spaghetti being 40.  Has anyone found a gluten free pasta
that is made with something else besides brown rice that actually tastes
good?

Thanks.

Ginny
E. Bruns, NJ