VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2024 16:32:28 +0000
Sherry

There are some list owners/moderators who themselves aren't sure of those
emails as being legitimate either.
So, who knows; It has been suggested that active list participants are
less likely to have received those notices than those that just subscribe
and never do anything.
If this whole thing goes awry, Groups.io will suffer a major PR blunder.
Hopefully, it works for them in cleaning up the membership.

While older grandfathered groups from some point a couple of years are
exempt from paying fees, more recently established groups that go over 100
members face monthly charges.
So, there is a practical reason for a clean up of sorts from a groups.io
list owner here at play also.

Keeping fingers crossed that I'm not effected for I have not received any
such notice.

list owners, BTW, can check their membership list to see who is flagged
for this possible purge.

If you know a list owner on a personal basis, you might privately write
off-list and ask.

This whole thing could end up messy; or, thinking positively, could be
much ado about nothing.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]