VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 07:36:12 +0000
You don't say what browser you're using, but in Edge, I'd do the following.

  1.  Bring up Gmail in Edge and then go through the settings and more menu. I get to this by hitting alt+f.
  2.  Arrow down to the Apps submenu and use the right arrow to open up the submenu.
  3.  Select the add this site as an app option, and a small wizard will pop up.
  4.  The first dialog will let you name the shortcut and then you can hit the install button.
  5.  On the next dialog you can select whether you want an icon on the task bar, in the start menu or on the desktop.
  6.  Hit the allow button and you're done.

Installing a site as an app gives you some advantages. You don't have all of the ornamentation that you get with Edge. You're also able to treat resulting app like an application by adding it to the taskbar, having it autostart and so on. I do this with all of the sites I visit all of the time.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ) =>÷
Chaltain at Outlook, USA